Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Pantry

I probably shouldn't show you this but this is what my pantry looked like before I cleaned it out this weekend. Embarrassing isn't it?
Laying all out there for you to see.
And no, I didn't mess it up just for effect.
Nine hours later this is what it looked like. I cleaned out old food, reorganized, painted the whole closet, recovered shelves, and put it all back. I would have added some great baskets, new canisters, etc. so I had a great looking pantry but I went searching and everything was so expensive. Come on...it's only plastic. Why should a clear plastic canister cost over $14? It's crazy I tell ya. Needless to say, I used what I had pretty much. I did buy a box of food saver containers from Costco. I needed a little reward for all that hard work.
Here is the closet after painting and recovering the shelves. Isn't my life exciting? Hey, life can't be all fun and games. Sometimes you have to pay the fiddler right?

It feels good to have it clean and organized. I wonder how long it will last until it looks like the first picture in this post. Sometimes I feel like housekeeping is like being in the movie, "Groundhog Day." Ya, know what I mean?

4 comments:

Kelli Radmall said...

Love it! Good job-that is a lot of work. Now I will know where to find your dried mangos and pita chips when I want to steal them!

Thimbleanna said...

Hey, are you for hire? Maybe you could come and clean my pantry -- it needs major work LOL! I hope you and the whole Charmed family have a wonderful Easter!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a perfect analogy...housework and 'Groundhog Day'. Reminds me of a quote I once heard, "Cleaning house while little ones are home, is like shoveling snow in a blizzard." Hee-hee!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I am dealing with the same thing...but my pantry needs to be gutted and start all over. I can't find anything and stuff is always falling to the ground:-)