Saturday, June 14, 2008

What I've Been Doing Lately

And no, I haven't fallen off the planet.

I've been terrible at taking pictures lately and what is a blog without pictures. I have had tons of company: first my parents and then some friends from Arcata, CA. So, company for two weeks straight. No wonder I feel so far behind. We did have lots of fun with family and enjoyed catching up with old friends. We went to the home shows on Thursday and I did take a few pictures. I had hoped to go to see more yesterday but spent the day doing laundry, mopping the floor, cleaning the family room carpets, vacumming the carpets,balancing the check book, making phone calls, and finishing up trimming all my boxwoods in the front yard. I love it when they are all trimmed in perfect little balls. I also trimmed the Alberta Dwarf spruce in a spiral. Very gratifying but a killer on the back. I'll try and take pictures to show you and post them tomorrow.

I started today with a 7 am yoga class. It's a great way to start the day I think. And then, I spent the rest of the day in the yard with my husband. Our back yard has been somewhat neglected in the last year or so. We are tired of yard work and so busy doing other things. We raked leaves, cut down lots of branches, pulled weeds. In all we took three truck loads this week to the city compost site and made one trip to the dump. whew! OK, so we only have a little Nissan pickup but you can still fit a lot in it. (Especially when you heap it up and tie it all down. I know, you want to see pictures right? I should have taken one of my feet which were totally black. I was wearing croks and all the dirt went in all the cut out. Unfortunately there is still a lot to do. We haven't figured out what to do with the old garden space that is too shady to plant a garden in.

We are having a garden party Tuesday night. What was I thinking when I agreed to have it in my backyard? Hmmm, I was thinking that it would give me a push to have it ready for all the visitors we will have when my son comes home on Friday. And then, I was thinking it would be nice to spend lots of time back there when all the kids are home this month. And then, I was thinking it will look nice when all the family comes over to BBQ after we all go to the 4th of July parade. Oh man, how am I ever going to feed everyone? Wish me luck!

No comments: