Friday, February 5, 2010

More Valentine Love

Stephanie sent me the link to the tutorial to make this on Sew Mama Sew. Think of the possibilities.
Thimbleanna made these crocheted Valentine cards last year and shared her instructions. I've yet to meet her but one of these days it's going to happen. Until then, I just enjoy her blog.
Thimbleanna also made these adorable "penny pockets" last year. I'm so jealous of her embroidery sewing machine. (I told my husband that I wanted one for my birthday but he just asked where I would put it. I told him I would find a place but I don't think it is going to happen.) She makes some of the most beautiful things and her work is perfection. Look at the perfect crochet. Read her post to be linked to the penny pocket instructions so you can make your own.
Don't these Cinnamon flavored caramels sound good? Too bad I'm off sugar or I would give them a try. Here is the recipe from Make It Do's site if you would like to try them.
How about these cute fabric mailboxes for you Valentines. Our Scoop shows them off here with a tutorial of how to make them. I want one for every chair. Too bad my babies aren't small. How great would this be for your kids to find on their chairs full of Valentine treats on Valentine's day?
Ok, this may not be Valentine love but these are amazing aren't they? I don't know if I would have enough patience to make these but I might just try next Halloween courtesy of Sweetopia.
She probably has some Valentine cookies on her site but I loved these.

Want to learn how to crochet a heart. Check out this video from Little Birdie Secrets and you will be able to make these too.

Do you have any Valentine favorites you've found? I'd love to see or hear about them. Please share.

(Thanks Dana for giving me links to some of these cute ideas. Steph, now I have lots of ideas for next year's Valentine's exchange. So, please invite me again. I'll even start early.)

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, thanks for the shout-out -- you're a sweetie! Like you, I wish I had some little ones around -- those cute pockets would be so fun to make. And the caramels! Yum! Thanks for the link!!!

Marian (Sweetopia) said...

Aw, thanks for featuring my cookies!! Love the other Valentine ideas and am glad I found your site!!
xo,
Marian

Stephanie Ford said...

I love those fabric mailboxes to go on chairs. If I was more ambitious I would attempt my own because they are so cute and would make Valentine's Day so special for your kids!

wandering nana said...

I love it all. I want to make the envelope. I have made licorce carmels so I'm excited to try them as cinnamon.
Thanks for going to Whimsey's blog. She is a friend and a wonderful writer.

Thimbleanna said...

Hey -- I finally remembered the monogram website -- it's embroideryarts.com!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oooooo, such "eye candy" for the "candy holiday"!!! Thanks for sharing the great ideas and links!
M.L.

The Old Parsonage said...

I'm wishing for some little ones too! Thanks for all the links of love!

Enjoy your day!
Leann

Dana said...

So, I have 2 of the 3 mailbags done for the girls and they are SO cute and really, pretty quick and easy (unless you don't read instructions and don't buy enough felt and have to go back to JoAnn's 3 times like me) So, everyone make them! I can hardly wait to surprise the girlies with them on Sunday!