Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fa la la la la!

We had lots of fun yesterday making gingerbread houses. This was Team Stephanie/Mark/Cole.
This was team Grandma and Grant. Grant just liked eating the candy as he worked. We all had lots of fun. Those kits from Costco make it so easy.
We also had fun sledding and playing card games. We've wrapped lots of presents and have done lots of grocery shopping. We have had tons of snow and done lots of shoveling. The worse part is that the baby got the flu on Sunday and everyone has been dropping since. To date we are 6 down and counting. At least for most it seems to be a 12 hour flu... although a very violent variety. We are hoping that no one has it on Christmas or on the flights home. Wouldn't that be awful to be sick while flying?

Thanks for all the nice comments on my Christmas decorations. Maybe next year Christmas won't sneak up on me and I'll actually spend some time being creative instead of just getting a few things up. Merry Christmas everyone.

6 comments:

wandering nana said...

I love gingerbread houses. I use to make them every year and now haven't in years. We actually did them for a YW activity many, many years ago. The girls loved them. I have a great pattern and recipe. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Very cute.

M.L.

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute houses Kim! I'm thinking we should go the pre-made route next year -- I always spend a whole day making all the gingerbread pieces and it's a big time suck! I hope you're all feeling better now!

Kelli Radmall said...

I love the gingerbread houses! We did those at Kurt's moms and they were fun and delicious! Thanks for letting me hang out with the clan. I hope you all had a great Christmas. It's a bummer about the flu though...

Beth at Aunties said...

The gingerbread homes are adorable!
I hope you are all better and enjoying a wonderful New year!


Beth~♥

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...

That looks like fun. I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those Costco kits next year. My GB houses from scratch always look terrible, but the kids love to do them.