Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Decorations

Boo Mama has a Christmas tour if you want to see a ton of decorated homes. And, if you want to see more you can go visit here at tip junkie or you can also check out Hooked on Houses or here at Internet Cafe Devotional, or go see Kimba at A Soft Place to Land. Welcome to our home. Please leave me a comment at the end of the tour. I would love to hear from you and be able to visit you as well. I really do love making new friends.
A closeup of our new outdoor lights. I'm not missing those old brass ones at all.

Come on in.
My husband took these pictures for me. I hope you enjoy some of our Christmas decor. I didn't quite get it all up this year and I got rid of tons.
I love our tree. I used to have all glass Santa ornaments. Now I'm on the hunt for glass nativity ornaments. I found some great ones on sale after Christmas last year.
A closeup of the presents. I love to have a new theme every year. New wrapping paper, ribbon, and hand made tags. (Don't worry...we have some great places around here to buy a jumbo roll of paper and ribbon inexpensively.)
A few of the Santas I have left. I didn't put them all out this year.
This is our scarey Santa at least according to Steph. Larry hides it around the house so Steph can be surprised by him. She thinks no Santa should have purple pants and a court jester wand. Maybe she is right but it is funny.
The jars that are on my kitchen counter this year. (My husband moved them to the table for the picture.)





Dining room table close up.

Dining room table.

Dining room window.
Family room advent tree. I think I better catch up on hanging the ornaments.

The whole corner.
Christmas wreaths.

I love nativity scenes and have started collecting them from all over the world. I also like vintage...the real and reproductions. This feather tree has ornaments I inherited from my grandmother and one vintage ornament that Candice bought for me in Kentucky when she lived there. Looking and decorating this tree each season brings back happy memories of visiting my grandparents at Christmas time. I also have reproduction bubble lights around my front door just like the ones my grandparents had on their tree.

Some more of my nativity scenes from Brazil, Guatemala,Africa, etc. The all white one my sister made for me a year or two after I got married. The single "Mary," next to the white cow, Marissa gave to me when she was little. I don't know who would sell just one piece of a nativity but she was so excited for me to open it on Christmas day. She spent all her money and even got a loan from her sisters. I have grown to really love that little Mary. It is like the widow's mite for me. Every Christmas eve when the kids reinact the birth of Christ, Mary is posed like the Mary in that figurine. Memories!
This little scene is from Mexico.
The one on top my parents brought back for me from Africa. The one on the bottom we bought a ton of one year. We gave them to our neighbors door bell ditching a different piece every night until on Christmas Eve we delivered the baby Jesus in person.

Merry Christmas Every One! I hope you enjoyed my little tour. Here are more pictures if you want to see them.

35 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow- your decorations are Beautiful!

And, I really like the themed gift wrapping :)

Thats my kinda Christmas!

Anonymous said...

The wrapping paper and the tree are amazing! Like out of a magazine! Very nice! Thanks for showing us around your beautiful home! Merry Christmas!
-Kim

Meg said...

What a beautiful home you have! Thanks for the tour! I love your Santa tree!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Unbelievable. I absolutely love love love the dining room table decor. Care to share what it's made of?

Truly stunning and well presented.

Thanks for stopping by the blog!

~Laura

Free Art Printables said...

So pretty! Love the wrapped packages!

kristen said...

Very, very lovely home. I wish you were closer so you could help me with my decorating phobia! Love you sis.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Wow! Everything is just beautiful!

pcb said...

Love the details on your front door decorations. I also completely am going to steal the lights on the dining room table!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, wow, what a wonderful house tour! And your husband did a great job taking the photos. These look like something out of a magazine.

Did you link up to my blog party yet? If not, please do! I know everyone would love to see your house. It's so pretty. Thanks! -Julia :-)

Jenny said...

Such beautiful festive touches throughout your home. I love your nativity set display. That's a great idea to collect them from different counties.

The gifts under the tree look amazing. Thanks for the tour!

Anonymous said...

Everything is so pretty! I LOVE your tree, though! I think it was my favorite part of the tour!

Thank you! I had a lovely time!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, it's all so beautiful Kim! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gorgeous tree. (Although I gasped when you said you used to have glass Santa -- what did you do with them all?)

The doorbell ditching with the nativity scenes is such a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Gorgeousness everywhere! Thanks so much for letting me steal all your ideas...since I have none of my own, of course.

Merry Christmas!

The Charm House said...

I can tell you are a very blessed person... Everything is very beautiful! I love the idea of giving a piece of the Nativity every night to your neighbors and on the last night giving Baby Jesus! What a wonderful gift!

Kristen said...

Your home is gorgeous! Love it!

Holly said...

WOW! You have a beautiful home and lovely decorations. The themed gift wrapping is an idea I love. Why didn't I think of that?
Holly

Jenny said...

Everything is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You have gorgeous decorations. I love the advent drawers, I've never seen anything like that until now. Your tree is really pretty too. you've got great style.

Beth at Aunties said...

Magical! I loved your wreath and Icicles with the lights bouncing off them, Your whold psot was so lovely.
Your tree was a Christmas delight!
I loved your Santa's and they were'nt scarey to me:)
Nativities are my favorite too. It certainly is the way to remember the beautiful reason for this joyous season.

Our children did and now our grandchildren do the nativity pageant which is a beloved tradition:)

My sisiter's family also did the same 'ditching' with the Nativity for the 12 days of Christmas to different families with baby Jesus being delivered in person on Christmas eve with whole family singing carols and treats... traditions are the best!

Decor To Adore said...

I love your decorations~absolutely adorable! Where did you find your advent calendar?
I hope you'll visit soon, I will have my last giveaway of December this Friday.

Bonita said...

Wow! Your decorations are gorgeous! Those adorable matching presents under the tree are so cute.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kim, thanks for stopping by my Christmas party tour too! So nice to meet you. Your home is absolutely gorgeous. I hope you'll come back & see me again. I'm always up to some fun things at Southern Hospitality!

Celestial Charms said...

So many beautiful decorations...where do I begin? My favorite are your icesickles hanging in front of your door.

JudyBug said...

Love everything but especially your front door. Everything is beautiful!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Thanks for the tour! Everything looks so festive and beautiful! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my favorites? Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Jen

Kim H. said...

How to decide? How to decide? Since there were so many tours to pick from, I thought I'd visit as many 'Kims' as I could.

You home looks beautiful! You had me at the front door! :)

I love, love, love all your nativities and the polka dot paper.

Merry Christmas!

Erika said...

Looks beautiful! I LOVE that table of Santas!!!

wandering nana said...

Oh my word... Your house is gorgeous. I collect Santa's, not on purpose, everyone gives me them. I actually have several of the Santas that you are showing in your picture (on table). I love your decorations. Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Your house is beautiful! :-) thanks for sharing and having us over! I especially love that gorgeous front door!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

WOWZERS!!! Beautiful, Kim! Definitely worth sharing. It's been a while since I've checked in with you, I lost your link. I hope all is well!! Happy Holidays!!

KarenB said...

I especially love your front porch/door decorations. Very unique and beautiful. Thanks for the invitation!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Everything's so beautiful! I love the icicles & the jars. The snowflake wreath is cute too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! My favorite is your gift wrap. I LOVE wrapping gifts too and love to have a color scheme/theme.

becky said...

Your home is gorgeous -- love all the glitter and shimmer! I also love that red polka dot wrapping paper.

Merry Christmas!

Lisa Pogue said...

My goodness your home looks phenomenal!!