Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011 Mantel

 I thought you might like to see some Halloween pictures.  (The first picture Candice took.  She is so good.) Better late than never right?  Here is my mantel this year in all it's glory.




 It's kind of a bird theme this year with small black birds, crows, a black owl, bird house, and black feather boa.
 Love those 3 M hooks.  I can do all kinds of decorating without adding any holes/damage to my walls.
 I love this garland that Candice and I made together one year.  It was picked up by Making Memories and Target.  Candice posted about my mantel this year.  I'm sure her pictures are better. 




We were infested by a few rats this year too courtesy of the Dollar store.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your mantel!

Also love the clock! Do you mind telling me where you bought it?

Thank you!

Kim said...

It was from Roberts, a store that is now out of business. I noticed they had some nice big ones at Lowe's for around $50.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me where you bought your Halloween banner that is hanging on your mantel? Your mantel is adorable. Great job on it:)

Kim said...

My daughter Candice and I designed and created it. It was published in Creative Keepsake magazine and picked up as a kit for Target.

Kim said...

Thank you for your nice compliments too anonymous.

Unknown said...

Where did you get the bird house and the birds? I'm working on a budget but am having trouble finding it period.

Unknown said...

Love your mantel so much! My Mom is in a nursing home and has a large shelf in her room and loves holidays so I tried my best to recreate your mantel. I found a similar clock at Dollar General but with a black face for $15. Then I found the bird cage at Michaels on clearance for $6. Got to love sales! The only thing I couldn't find was the orange strand of beads!

Mary Lynne said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this mantel! Do you post these photos on Pinterest? Didn't see the Pin button on this page - would love to save this idea to my Halloween Pinterest board for next year!!

Unknown said...

Kim, I just LOVE this mantel design! With your permission, I'd like to share your post on my blog as the inspiration for my mantel this year...

Anonymous said...

Having trouble finding the flor de lis hooks. I have checked everywhere.

Where did you find yours ?

Kim said...

I got the hooks at hobby lobby years ago.